Are you an artists and you want to present your illustrations in a realistic way, how they would look like as a book cover?
With these files you can render your own illustrations similar to this examples.
What you need is:
- Blender and Krita
- Some basic skills in using Blender: Blender-Beginners-Tutorial
- Some basic skills in using Krita, especially about positioning Layers with Transform-Tool
- The Blender+Krita Files: Download
The download might be slow, because it is self-hosted. So there are no big companies between the two of us 🙂 All files are CC0 and in the public domain. The textures for the wall and the wood are taken from publicdomaintextures.com.
What to modify?
- In the .kra file, modify the pictures with your cover and styles as you wish. All relevant layers, which should be modified, are in the Group “Diffuse Map”
- Export the “Diffuse Map” Group as a jpg picture. (File -> Export …). Hide the UV-Grid layer before export, this is only required as a guide and should be hidden once you are done.
- In the .blend file select one of the books and open Shader-Editor.
- For the material “Book” modify the location of the cover according the file-path of your exported jpg. For this, you have to click on the “New Image” Button in the Box, which is connected to the “Base Color” and select your file
- Press F12 and start rendering 🙂
If you have any questions, please contact me on Mastodon.